Network Your AVB-ready Interfaces!
If you’re looking for an easy way to network your 1248, 16A, 8M or other AVB-ready MOTU gear, then this MOTU AVB Switch is just what you need. With a single MOTU AVB Switch, you can easily network up to five AVB-compatible devices (including additional switches), to create a vast network of high-quality, high-definition audio for studio or live use. Network-wide clock and sync offer nanosecond-level accuracy, so each of the AVB Switch’s five 1-Gigabit Ethernet ports offer near-zero latency via Cat 5e or Cat 6 cable over distances up to 328′, which really made the live-sound gurus here at Sweetwater take notice. What’s more, there’s an additional port for connecting to standard Ethernet or a wireless router, in case you want to control your MOTU AVB-equipped devices via your iOS device.
MOTU AVB Switch Features:
- Industry standard IEEE 802.1 Audio Video Bridging (AVB) Ethernet switch
- Automatic device discovery and bandwidth management with AVB devices makes setup easy
- Uses standard CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cables for runs up to 100 meters
- 1-Gigabit operation supports high audio channel counts with extremely low latency
- Maintains quality of audio and video streams, regardless of other network traffic
- Network-wide clock and sync provides pinpoint accuracy down to the nanosecond
- Bridging port provides compatibility with standard Ethernet for internet and Wi-Fi
Connect your AVB-equipped gear with this MOTU AVB Switch!
(Note: the five AVB ports can also be used for Ethernet)
|Operational bandwidth||10 / 100 / 1 Gigabit|
|Front panel||12 x activity LED|
|Power||8-18V DC • 0.5A • tip positive|
|Dimensions||Length: 5 ½ in / 14 cm
Width: 3 ⅝ in / 9.2 cm
Height: 1 ⅛ in / 2.7 cm
MOTU AVB Switch Feature Summary
Standard AVB switch
Industry standard IEEE 802.1 AVB Ethernet switch.
Supports automatic device discovery and network bandwidth management among connected AVB devices. No IT expertise required.
Use standard CAT-5e or CAT-6 Ethernet cables up to 100 meters.
Supports high audio channel counts and very low latency.
Guaranteed quality of service
All existing audio and video streams are maintained, regardless of other network traffic.
Unified clocking and sync
Network-wide clock and sync accurate to nanoseconds.
Support for Ethernet
Bridging to standard Ethernet for internet and Wi-Fi.