Gibson Les Paul 1958 Standard, Honey Lemon
- Accurate reproduction of a 1958 Les Paul Standard
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage 1958 model
- Lightweight mahogany body, 2-piece maple top
- Period-correct faded nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- True Historic ’58 chunky C-profile neck, solid rosewood fretboard
- Hide-glued mahogany neck with extended neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- Authentic details include vintage-style Kluson Deluxe tuners and original cellulose trapezoid inlays
- CustomBucker pickups for authentic vintage PAF tone
- 500K CTS pots, handwired harness, Bumblebee capacitors, and Switchcraft pickup selector
- Includes hard case and Custom Shop certificate of authenticity
- Reviews (0)
Historic ’58 Les Paul Standard VOS
The Gibson Custom Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard VOS is oozing with classic tone and vintage-original-spec authenticity. Its eye-grabbing gold finish captures the depth, richness, and hue of a genuine ’58 Standard. It features top-shelf tonewoods, including an lightweight mahogany body and solid rosewood fingerboard. Experience searing ’50s PAF tones, courtesy of CustomBucker pickups and a handwired harness with Bumblebee capacitors. Historic appointments such as hide-glued construction, an extended neck tenon, and vintage-style Kluson tuners complete this meticulous re-creation.
True Historic appointments are more authentic than ever
If you want all that an original 1958 Les Paul Standard has to offer, you’ll appreciate this authentic reproduction. From its neck and fretboard attached with hide glue to the use of an original-spec tubeless truss rod, we’re talking about an accurate reproduction down to the last detail. Gibson even analyzed the vintage plastics on the Kluson tuners at the molecular level to ensure accurate reproductions.
Every inch of this Les Paul has vibe
To revive the essence of the original 1958 Standard, Gibson painstakingly re-created each part piece by piece. The surprisingly lightweight mahogany body, faded nitrocellulose lacquer finish, and solid rosewood fingerboard are only the beginning. Not only do you get the ’58 chunky C-shaped neck you’ve been craving, but the accuracy of the details go all the way down to the straight-line positioning of this Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard’s vintage-style Kluson tuners, the size and shape of its acrylic trapezoid block inlays, and its ’50-style long neck tenon joint.
CustomBucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to this limited-edition Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and Bumblebee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path was designed to give you absolutely dead-on 1958 Les Paul tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, this Historic 1958 Standard sports a pair of Gibson’s CustomBucker humbuckers. The CustomBucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. The Gibson Custom Historic 1958 Les Paul Standard VOS nails the original look, sound, and feel of a 1958 Les Paul.