Gibson Custom Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard VOS – Vintage Cherry Sunburst
- Accurate reproduction of a 1959 Les Paul Standard
- Every detail meticulously re-created to give you the look, sound, and feel of a vintage 1959 model
- Lightweight mahogany body with beautiful figured maple top
- ’59 Medium C-shaped neck topped with a solid rosewood fretboard
- Authentic details include vintage-style Kluson Green Key tuners, replica laminated acrylic pickguard, and original cellulose trapezoid inlays
- Custombucker pickups for dead-on vintage PAF tone
- 500K CTS pots, handwired harness, Bumblebee capacitors, and Switchcraft switch
- Hide-glued mahogany neck with extended neck tenon for exceptional sustain and response
- Gorgeous thin VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish
- Reviews (0)
The Holy Grail of Guitars
The 1959 Les Paul is known in musician circles as the Holy Grail of Guitars, and thanks to this spot-on reproduction, you can have one of your very own. This Gibson Custom Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard is built from heavenly tonewoods, including a solid mahogany body, beautiful figured maple top, and rosewood fingerboard. Inject your playing with authentic PAF tones, courtesy of Custombucker pickups and a handwired harness with Bumblebee capacitors. This true-to-life re-creation also boasts hide-glued construction, an extended neck tenon, and vintage-style Kluson tuners. A gorgeous thin VOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish completes this Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard.
Historic appointments are more authentic than ever
If you want all that an original 1959 Les Paul has to offer, you’ll appreciate this superb reproduction. From its neck and fretboard attached with hide glue to the use of an original spec truss rod, truss rod washer, and anchor, we’re talking about an accurate reproduction down to the last detail. Gibson even analyzed the vintage plastics on the Kluson tuners at the molecular level to ensure accurate reproductions.
Every inch of this Les Paul has vibe
To revive the essence of the original 1959 Les Paul, Gibson painstakingly re-created each part piece by piece. The surprisingly lightweight mahogany body, 2-piece figured maple top, and solid rosewood fingerboard are only the beginning. Not only do you get the ’59 Medium C-shaped neck you’ve been craving, but the accuracy of the details go all the way down to the straight-line positioning of this Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard’s vintage-style Kluson tuners, the size and shape of its cellulose trapezoid inlays, and its ’50-style long neck tenon joint.
Custombucker pickups deliver vintage PAF tone
Gibson Custom paid just as much attention to this Historic 1959 Les Paul Standard’s electronics as they did to its aesthetics. Beginning with vintage CTS potentiometers and Bumblebee capacitors, every part of its internal signal path was designed to give you absolutely dead-on 1959 Les Paul tone. Of course, it’s next to impossible to find genuine ’50s PAFs (even for Gibson). Instead, this Historic 1959 Les Paul sports a pair of Gibson’s Custombucker humbuckers. The Custombucker is the most historically accurate PAF copy ever. You just won’t find another Les Paul that comes as close to the original look, sound, and feel of a 1959 Les Paul!