The Fluid Audio F Series studio monitor series is the next logical step in the development of the affordable, studio-quality speaker for recording professionals. It’s almost unfair to call them “budget” monitors because of the many features that set them apart in their class. All of the features have been carefully chosen because they solve problems that many consumers see with speakers found on the market today. Spending the time to the get the Fluid F Series sounding right, They set out to create a monitor that is just as comfortable as your studio mixing workhorse as it is your favorite listening speaker after the session is over. Their aim is to create your next great set of studio monitors, but also a seamless listening experience – and a more Fluid workflow.
• 30 watts of Class A/B power for coherent and accurate sound reproduction
• 4″ low-frequency drivers with composite paper cones for powerful and dynamic lows
• 1″” treated silk dome high frequency drivers with integrated waveguide ensure a flat response and wide dispersion
• External amplifier heat sink to maximize efficiency while keeping temperature low
• Magnetic shielding that eliminates interference with other electronic equipment
• 1/4″ balanced and RCA unbalanced inputs for connecting mixers, interfaces, instruments, DJ gear and more
• Fader Volume control on front baffle for easy access
• Amplifier Standby mode that powers down the amp when no input signal is detected (shown by front LED changing from blue to red)
• Includes two isolation pads
Accuracy and Control
Whether you’re tracking, mixing or just listening to your favorite CD, your monitors are your primary source of reference. Accurate monitors are an invaluable tool in your arsenal of music and video production, so you need some assurance that your mixes will translate well to your audience’s speakers. Fluid monitors have not only the depth of soundstage and sonic clarity that allow you to hear even the most subtle of reverb trails. The fader control on the front baffle allows you to adjust the volume of the monitor without having to interrupt your workflow to reach behind them.
Advanced Driver Technology
The Fluid F4 monitor features driver technology that focuses on the details. The composite pulp cones are light and rigid, yet well damped. The coated silk dome tweeters are mounted in such a way to provide a ultra-flat response usable to 22kHz. The built-in waveguide provides the tweeter with wide dispersion and an expansive sweet spot. By pushing the tweeter back slightly, it allows it to be time-aligned with the woofer, resulting in remarkable imaging. Coupled with an optimized front-loaded slot port, the low frequency driver delivers articulate, dynamic bass response – all in an extremely compact footprint.
The custom designed Class A/B amplifier powers each driver neatly and efficiently from one cabinet. Utilizing an external heat sink on the amplifier keeps the heat outside of the enclosure, which allows the amplifier and drivers to operate at lower temperatures. When the speakers are not being used, there is an integrated standby function that powers down the amplifier to conserve energy. Combined with phase-optimized crossover networks, the drivers blend together, resulting in a coherent soundstage across the entire audio spectrum.