Musicians, producers, and sound designers in search of a modern classic in synthesis will be thrilled with the limited-edition, all-black Arturia MatrixBrute Noir, a powerful analog synthesizer that’s designed to be as flexible as a modular synthesizer.
The Noir Edition is limited to just 500 units worldwide. The new design features an updated all-black paint job, new knob caps, and black ionized parts. A new firmware update includes 64 additional presets with a total of 320 patch memories in total, plus many sound designing enhancements.
The MatrixBrute Noir is a 100% analog synthesizer that features a 16×16 modulation matrix, 64-step sequencer, and 256 patch memories. The sound engine boasts three analog oscillators with a sub oscillator on oscillators one and two. Additionally, oscillator three doubles as an LFO and can be used as an audio source simultaneously. The noise generator offers white, pink, red and blue noise types.
All oscillators, noise source, and external input are blended in the mixer section before routing to the filters. The multimode Steiner-Parker filter and the traditional multimode ladder filter can be configured in either series or parallel. The synth also includes two additional LFOs with seven waveforms each and three envelope generators with ADSR capabilities on the first two. The third envelope generator offers a DADSR, which creates an abundance of sound-shaping and sculpting tools.
The Matrix section serves as the heart of the MatrixBrute Noir, allowing for complex modulation routing, step-sequencing, and instant preset recall. The modulation routing allows you to assign any of the 16 modulation sources to any of the 16 modulation destinations. The matrix also functions as a 64-step sequencer with separate step, accent, slide, and modulation steps. The preset mode allows you to recall any of the 320 presets at the touch of a button.
The MatrixBrute Noir offers true analog effects to enhance your sonic masterpiece with choices including analog delay, chorus, flanger, and analog reverberator. Additionally, the analog effects can be set as modulation destinations in the matrix. The keyboard sports a 49-note velocity-sensitive keybed with aftertouch. On the rear of the synth, there are a number of ports including two expression pedals, one sustain pedal, Gate I/O, and Sync I/O. Additionally, there are 12 CV inputs and outputs, which are designed to interface with any standard 1 V/Oct modular synthesizer. The MatrixBrute Noir includes 192 factory presets and ships with a power cord and USB cable.
- Sleek black edition of MatrixBrute
- Analog matrix synthesizer
- 256 preset memory locations
- 2 analog exponential VCOs:
- Saw + UltraSaw, square+pulsewidth, triangle+metalizer, sub
- 1 analog linear VCO/LFO
- Saw, square, triangle, sine waveforms; LFO time divisions, key track
- VCO 2>1 hard sync
- Audio Mod:
- VCO1>VCO2; VCO3>VCO1/VCO2; VCO3>VCF1/VCF2; Noise>VCF1/VCF2
- Noise Generator:
- White, pink, red, blue
- 5-input audio mixer with filter routing
- Steiner-Parker filter with 12+24 dB per octave modes, drive, Brute factor, low pass, high pass, band pass, notch
- Ladder filter with 12+24 dB per octave modes, drive ; Brute factor, low pass, high pass, band pass
- 2 LFO’s
- Sine, tri, square, ramp, saw, random, S&H
- 3 envelope generators
- 2 attack, decay, sustain, release
- 1 delay, attack, decay, sustain, release
- External audio in
- 16×16 matrix modulation panel
- 64 step sequencer
- Step mode enable, slide, accent, modulation
- Save and recall sequence patterns on the fly
- Analog effects
- Stereo delay, delay, flanger, chorus, analog reverberator
- 12 CV/gate inputs/outputs
- Audio input, line or instrument level
- Stereo audio output
- MIDI and USB I/O
- Pedal inputs for expression and sustain
Why Buy From Marshall Music
At Marshall Music, we’re all passionate and highly experienced musicians that love what we do. Family run and family owned for over 35 years, we stock a huge variety of the very best brands in the world of musical instruments, music technology, professional audio and accessories. At Marshall Music, you’ll get the right advice – exactly what you need to make the best possible purchasing decision. We’ll do all we can to make sure you get the right thing at the right price as efficiently as possible – leaving you with a smile on your face!